City of Donna – Tax Office
Last day to pay current year property taxes without penalty and interest is February 1, 2021.
One of the primary responsibilities of the City of Donna Tax Assessor – Collector’s office is to levy, collect and disburse property taxes. Property taxes also are known as ad valorem taxes because the taxes are levied on the value of the property. The Tax Office accepts property tax payments online, by mail or in person. Partial Payment is accepted and will reduce any penalty and interest owed. Current taxes that remain unpaid on February 1 of the following year become delinquent and are assessed penalty and interest. Taxes that remain delinquent on business personal property may incur an additional collection fee of 15%-20% after April 1st. Delinquent taxes on real property incur the additional collection fee on July 1st.
To enforce the collection of ad valorem tax in the City of Donna by making sure that every property within city limits is correctly appraised and assessed at fair market value. That every property owner will meet the responsibility to pay property taxes upon ownership of such land in a timely manner.
- Continue to work with property owners that are under a payment plan.
- Continue to update our on-line services.
- Continue to target personal property accounts before they reach statutes of limitation on taxation.
- Continue to work with the planning department and Hidalgo County Appraisal District in order to keep ag-use, rollback issues under control.
- Continue to monitor bankruptcy cases, suits and tax sale accounts.
- Continue to provide our community and surrounding areas with the best customer service there is.
- Provide our staff with proper training that will benefit them as well as the citizens of the City of Donna.