The mission of the City Secretary’s Office is to support, facilitate and strengthen the City of Donna’s governmental process by:
- Assisting the City Council in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities;
- Improving public access to municipal records and other information;
- Safeguarding and enriching the municipal election and records management processes;
- Providing continuity for Donna city government by recording its legislative actions and serving as historian for the City;
- Serving as local registrar for Donna residents by proper recordation and filing of birth and death records; and
- Providing daily assistance to all administrative departments of the City of Donna.
- As in many other cities, the City Secretary’s Office serves as a resource for citizens and a link between citizens and the City organization.
Perform other duties as may be assigned by the City Manager.
The City Secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by the City Manager. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and the City Charter. In addition to the statutory duties of the position, the City Secretary serves as the Custodian of all official city records, Elections Administrator, Records Management Officer and Local Registrar for Birth/Death records. The City Secretary also maintains the Official City Seal, affixing it to all official documents requiring such seal.