- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$9.86/Hr
- Posted Date:07/17/2016
POSITION: METER READER
Under the general supervision of the Crew Leader; Position has responsibilities for reports and/or records. Position requires daily contact with public which requires simple courtesies and exercise of tact and diplomacy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reads meters on the assigned route. (route subject to change)
2. Records all findings, such as bad meters, straight connects, etc.
3. Keeps record of meters, read and reports meters not accessible for readings.
4. Check to see that meters and visible plumbing are correctly installed and functioning properly.
5. Reports any defects to immediate supervisor for further action.
6. Check to determine consistency of meter readings.
7. Performs duties of maintenance worker when not reading.
8. Makes water taps.
9. Inspects equipment for proper operation and safety prior to operating.
10. Responds to emergencies when required; (subject to on call).
11. Make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
12. Ability to walk long periods of time under varying working conditions.
13. Performs other related tasks as required
Meter reading handhelds, pens, pencils, hand and powered tools, notebooks, ladders, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Position may have some unusual working hours, irregular hours or shifts. Exposure to hazards which might result in serious injury; may work under extreme outdoor conditions. The physical demands are medium lifting up to 50 lbs., significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, sitting, pushing, and pulling.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED. Position requires considerable knowledge of the subject to perform effectively, with little direct supervision, in work situation which are varied or which have deviation and irregularities. This job was evaluated on the premise that the incumbent would already have a T.C.E.Q. Class “D” License. If employee does not have this license he/she will receive one grade lower and work assignments will be lower skilled until license is obtained. Requires a valid Texas drivers’ with a satisfactory driving record.
Please submit application, resume and other documents to David Vasquez at the City of Donna 307 South 12th Street, Donna, Texas 78537, (956) 464-3314.